Science & Technology
Animal & Plant Life
- An information resource on nature and clean technology.
- A wildlife resource created by the National Wildlife Federation.
- EELink: Endangered Species
- A complete guide to all the endangered species in the United States.
- Endangered Specie.com
- Another resource on endangered species, both plant and animal.
- One of the oldest gardening forums on the web.
- Journey North
- A global study of wildlife migration and seasonal change.
- World Wildlife.org
- The World Wildlife Fund leads international efforts to protect endangered species and their habitats.
- ABC's of Nuclear Science
- A brief introduction to Nuclear Science for both teachers and students.
- Becoming Human
- Journey through the story of human evolution in a broadband documentary experience.
- Eric Weisstein’s World of Science
- Large encyclopedic resources on science and mathematics.
- Exploring the Environment
- A service of the Center for Educational Technologies that provide teacher modules & activities.
- Extreme Science
- Find world records in earth sciences and in the plant and animal kingdom (and the science behind why each one is the most extreme of its kind).
- Global SchoolHouse
- A not-for-profit organization that has been linking classrooms around the world since 1984.
- How Stuff Works
- An online publishing company widely recognized as a leading source for clear, unbiased, reliable explanations of how everything actually works.
- The Official String Theory Web Site
- Everything you wanted to know about String Theory, but were afraid to ask.
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide
- A guide to a variety of web site resources, leading you through the necessary steps to successfully complete a science experiment.
- Science Learning Network
- A number of unique articles and studies including "The Science of Hockey" and "Cow's Eye Disection".
Gadgets & Technology
- One of the biggest technology news and reviews sites on the web.
- Web magazine with obsessive daily coverage of everything new in gadgets and consumer electronics.
- Weblog dedicated to everything related to gadgets, gizmos, and cutting-edge consumer electronics.
- An original content site focusing on the innovative and intriguing in Science and Technology.
- Weblog which looks at gadgets, software, web sites and trivia in what is hopefully a fun and offbeat way.
- A science news source and discussion forum for anyone interested in cutting-edge science and technology.
- Technology News (via Businessweek)
- The new technologies and science news section of the popular news journal.
- Technology Review
- The oldest technology magazine in the world (est. 1899) and owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- A trendy web magazine dedicated to consumer electronics news and reviews.
Museum Exhibits Online
- American Museum of Natural History
- Exploratorium: Museum of Science, Art & Human Perception
Science News Media
- Discovery Channel Online
- Multifaceted resource from the popular cable channel.
- An online, global news service operated by AAAS, the science society.
- Live Science
- Science news covering a wide array of categories.
- Science A Go Go
- The latest science news, research tidbits and science discussion.
- Science Daily
- A science news source with worldwide contributors, partnerships with major content providers, and technical support services.
- Science Friday
- A weekly science talk show, broadcast live over public radio stations nationwide from 2-4pm Eastern time as part of NPR's 'Talk of the Nation' programming.
- ScienCentral News
- An independent source for the latest news on science and technology.
- Space Daily
- Get all the latest space-related news on just one site.
- The Why Files
- Exploring the science, math and technology behind the news of the day.
- The monthly magazine of science and technology; their wonders, their uses, and their impact upon our lives.
- National Geographic
- The National Geographic Society's legendary magazine.
- The weekly, international, interdisciplinary journal of science.
- The online version of the prominent magazine of the same name.
- Popular Science
- Offers aviation, space, science, medical, and automotive industry news.
- Science Magazine
- A leading outlet for scientific news, commentary, and cutting-edge research.
- Science News Online
- The award-winning weekly newsmagazine covering the most important research in all fields of science.
- Scientific American
- Web version of the oldest continuously published magazine in the U.S.
- SciTech Daily Review
- Informed science and technology coverage and analysis, sourcing a huge range of great writers and excellent publications
- Wired News
- Chronicles the emerging future in culture, politics, business and technology.
Reference & Research
- APS Journals
- Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics. The American Physical Society (APS) and The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) partnership providing open access to CERN-authored articles published in the APS journal.
- Center for the History of Physics
- A service of the American Institute of Physics that preserves and makes known the history of modern physics and allied fields.
- Mad Scientist Network
- A collective cranium of scientists providing answers to your questions.
- Online Conversions
- Convert all sorts of measurements with this resource, including such things as weight, currency and even radiation.
- Public Library of Science
- A nonprofit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature a public resource.
- A thorough and interactive Periodic Table of Elements.
- World of Mathematics
- One of the web's most extensive mathematical resources.
- Marine Mammal Science
- Evaluates and promotes the educational, scientific and managerial advancement of marine mammal science.
- Oceans Alive!
- Multiple information resources about the sea from the Science Learning Network.
- Save the Manatee Club
- Established in 1981, the SMC allows the public to participate in conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.
- Sea World
- Information and Educational resources from the famous South Florida attraction.
- Splendors of the Sea
- A non-commercial, non-profit Web site dedicated to sharing the splendors of the sea.
- Web directory of resources pertaining to Oceanography.
- International Artic Research Center
- The focal point of integrating/synthesizing arctic research efforts in terms of climate change and communicates the results to the global climate research community.
- National Weather Service
- Provides weather, hydrologic, and climate forecasts and warnings for the United States, its territories, adjacent waters and ocean areas.
- The National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
- The Weather Channel
- The nation's premier provider of weather information.
- The Basics of Space Flight
- A training module designed to help identify the range of concepts associated with deep space missions, and grasp the relationships these concepts exhibit.
- Chandra X-Ray Observatory
- NASA's flagship mission for X-ray astronomy.
- Earth Observatory
- Huge resource of information regarding the Earth Sciences.
- Encyclopedia Astronautica
- A comprehensive reference for the history of spaceflight.
- Hubble Space Images
- Pictures presented by the Hubble Heritage Project Information Center.
- Homepage of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Space Camp
- Homepage of NASA's famous youth program.
- An award-winning website that offers rich and compelling space, astronomy and technology content, including information, education, entertainment and business news.
- Views of the Solar System
- A vivid multimedia adventure unfolding the splendor of the Sun, planets, moons, comets, asteroids, and more.
- Wonders of the Universe
- A non-commercial, non-profit Web site dedicated to sharing the wonders of the universe.