Traditional World Music
- The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music.
780.9 G233 [REFERENCE]
- Each of the 10 volumes is arranged topically, regionally, or by ethnic group, and complemented by an extensive index; includes regional overviews, discussions of music in the social context, and descriptions of the musical traditions of individual countries or ethnic groups. A compact disc of illustrative music recordings accompanies each volume.
- Folk Music Instruments / Alexander Buchner.
781.91 B919f [REFERENCE]
- Includes copious black and white photographs. Spine title: Folk Music Instruments of the World. Translation of "Hudebninastroje narodu," by Alzbeta Novakova.
- The African Music Encyclopedia : Music From Africa and the African Diaspora
- Includes artist and country indexes, a glossary, links, and a "Store" that also serves as a bibliography. The "Sources" section provides information on where to buy recordings of African music.
- National, International, and World Music
- Links to internet ethnomusicology resources, compiled by the William and Gayle Cook Music Library, Indiana University School of Music.
- The Rough Guide to World Music
- A critical discography that examines the various ethnic, folk, fusion, and other music categories, from the U.S. and around the world, that typically fall outside the usual North American and European classical and pop traditions. Organization is primarily by country or region.