Antiques & Collectibles Pathfinder
General Price Guides |
Specialized Guides |
Internet Sources |
General Price Guides
- The Lyle Official Antiques Review
745.1 LYLE [REFERENCE]
- Prices in this annual guide are based on actual sales records from established auction and retail houses throughout the United States and Europe. Contains 5,000 items with 5,000 illustrations. Concentrates on furniture and glassware. No books; paper products limited to posters and prints
- Antiques Price Guide 2004 / Judith Miller.
745.1075 MILLER 2004 [REFERENCE]
- Updated annually, this is a full color price guide for the North American market. It contains paintings, posters, modern furniture, and rugs and carpets. No books included.
- Schroeder's Antiques Price Guide
745.1075 SCHROEDERS [REFERENCE]
- Updated annually. Contains over 5,00 categories with a subject index. Each category gives short background information on the company or product. Covers posters, prints, and some book listings.
- The Kovels' Antiques & Collectibles Price list
745.1 KOVEL [REFERENCE]
- This annual price guide lists approximately 50,000 prices. The introduction includes current highs, lows and fluctuations in prices in certain categories and antiques overall. It also explains that many items are in sub-categories under the manufacturer. The index is very easy to follow when looking for specific objects. The book does not include stamps, fine art, coins, and most books. The majority of the entries are glass, pottery, and porcelain.
- Antique Trader Antiques and Collectibles
745.1075 A629 ANTIQUE [REFERENCE]
- Updated annually, this has extensive lists for ceramics, furniture, and glass. Contains no books or paper. There is a short general index.
- Warman's Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide
745.1075 WARMANS [REFERENCE]
- Annual guide with extensive illustrations and descriptions. Alphabetical by category with no index. Very small sections on books and paper ephemera.
- Warman's Flea Market Price Guide
745.1029 WARMANS [REFERENCE]
- Warman's studies what's hot in flea markets and has produced an extensively illustrated guide.
Subject Headings & Call Numbers
- Baseball cards - Collectors and collecting
| Baseball cards - Prices
- Book collecting |
Book collecting - Prices
| Rare Books - Collectors and collecting
- Clocks and watches - Collectors and collecting
- Coins, American |
Coins - Catalogs |
Coins - Collectors and collecting
- Dolls - Catalogs |
Dolls - Collectors and Collecting |
- Glassware |
Cut glass |
Depression glass |
- Postage stamps
- Pottery and porcelain
- Silverwork |
Silver-plated ware |
- Toys - Collectors and Collecting | Toys - Prices
- Antiques Roadshow Online
- There are many useful sections. One is "Tips of the Trade" with a particular facet of collecting each month, and the previous articles are still accessible. "Antique Speak" is a small, but growing glossary of antiques terms.
- Antiques and Collecting Newsletter
- Covers the latest antique/collectible news, trends, websites, and feature articles. It is delivered free via email on the 1st of each month.
- Official website for the National Association of Collectors features club directories, events calendars, and appraisal information.
- eBay is an excellent source for beginning collecting. The pictures are usually very clear which can help with identification.
- Antique dealers/members of the site put things up for auction and they can be enlarged to full screen size. "Online publications" section features articles from 19 antiques publications.
- Directory for Antiquing and Collecting (Curioscape)
- Searchable and browsable annotated directory of more than 15,000 sites of interest to antiquing and collectible enthusiasts.
- American Numismatics Association (ANA)
- Information includes the transcripts of more than 2,000 "Money Talks" radio scripts, a FAQ file on currency and coins, replicas of obscure notes, and consumer alerts.
- Antiques & Collecting Magazine
- Antiques Roadshow Insider
- Current issue in Fine Arts Dept.
- Art & Antiques
- Current issue in Fine Arts Dept.
- Coin World
- Current 6 months only
- Kovels on Antiques and Collectibles
- Linns Stamp News
- The Magazine Antiques