All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- Communications and Mass Media Collection
- From marketing professionals to students studying for advanced degrees in linguistic theory, this collection provides current and accurate information in full-text from journals focused on all aspects of the communications field. Key subjects covered include: advertising and public relations, literature and writing, linguistics, and many more.
- Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- This database helps students develop an in-depth understanding of how society shapes and is shaped by controversy, providing authoritative historical context, expert perspectives, and carefully selected primary and secondary sources on today's most important issues.
Junior Edition InfoTrac
This periodical database is designed for students in junior high and middle
school, with magazines, newspapers and reference books (most are full-text) for information on current
events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
Developed especially for beginning researchers in K-5. Featuring a graphic interface, the most popular search method is moving from broad to narrower topics using the subject-based topic tree. Curriculum-related age appropriate content from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. Covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
Student Edition InfoTrac
This database is designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed
and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts,
science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
NoveListPlus: Your Guide to Fiction and Nonfiction (EBSCO)
- Fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages
- Expert reading recommendations from professional librarians
- Read-alikes for every title, author, and series
- Easy-to-use interface designed with readers and librarians in mind
- Simple but effective searching
- Quick and easy-to-use resources including:
Book Discussion Guides
Thematic book lists
Reading and book-oriented articles
- *NOTE: For assistance with NoveList, please click here.
- Novelist Plus K-8 (EBSCO)
- Engage your younger readers and encourage reading success! NoveList K-8 Plus helps parents, teachers, and librarians improve literacy, connect reading across curricular areas, teach reading and writing concepts, and engage young readers.
- Testing & Education Reference Center With Career Module (Gale)
- A start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 100 practice tests and courses (GED prep, SAT Subject Tests, FCAT and many others)
- Career module includes test prep help to obtain licenses for a career as a Practical or Registered Nurse, civil service (firefighter, police officer, postal worker, realtor), teacher certification and many others. Includes Online Resume Builder.
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- TumbleBooks Library
- TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.
- TumbleBookLibrary collection can also be viewed in Spanish.
World Book Online Super Homepage
- The World Book Web is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
Click widget to access database and 'More Information about site' to discover what information the site contains.
- World Book Advanced E-book collection includes thousands of fiction and non-fiction E-books, with selections in nine languages.
World Book Online for Kids is the first site developed specifically for primary school aged patrons, with such features as:
• Thousands of easy-to-read articles
• Engaging images and illustrations
• Interactive games and activities
• Interactive maps
• Outline maps and flags
• A biography center
• Science projects
• Teacher resources