All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- ABC CLIO Databases
- To search across all or any combination of databases, this is the home page. Includes the following databases: American Government; American History; The American Mosaic: The African American Experience; The American Mosaic: The American Indian Experience; The American Mosaic: The Latino American Experience; Daily Life Through History; Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society; Pop Culture Universe: Icons, Idols, Ideas;United States Geography; World at War: Understanding Conflict and Society; World Geography: Understanding a Changing World; World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras; World History: The Modern Era.
- American Government (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- American Government explains the foundations of our government, connects these concepts to the issues of the day, and examines the strengths and weaknesses of the political and economic systems of the United States by comparing them to those of other countries.
- BEBR's Mission:
- To collect, analyze and generate economic and demographic data on Florida and its local areas
- To conduct economic and demographic research that will inform public policy and business decision making
- To distribute data and research findings throughout the state and the nation.
- The Future of the Florida Statistical Abstract Online
More data series are continually added on a weekly basis. Our goal is to create an aggregated repository and become Florida's number one data source online. In the future we plan to start including data series going back to the first edition of the Florida Statistical Abstract from 1967. With improved graphing tools available soon, you'll be able to compare data of multiple localities or series together.
Junior Edition InfoTrac
This periodical database is designed for students in junior high and middle
school, with magazines, newspapers and reference books (most are full-text) for information on current
events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
Developed especially for beginning researchers in K-5. Featuring a graphic interface, the most popular search method is moving from broad to narrower topics using the subject-based topic tree. Curriculum-related age appropriate content from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. Covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Military and Intelligence Database
- Both the historian and reporter on the frontline will find useful information in this collection, composed of content from over 400 journals, which covers all aspects of the past and current state of military affairs. Key subjects covered include: socioeconomic effects of war, governmental policies, the structure of armed forces, and many more.
Student Edition InfoTrac
This database is designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed
and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts,
science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.