Policies and Guidelines
- Circulation Policies and Services
- Information on applying for library cards and circulation of materials.
- Code of Conduct
- Rules on behavior in the library.
- Collection Development Policy
- The Collection Development Policy documents what, why, and how materials are selected as well as serves as a resource for selection librarians, public service staff and others interested in the Jacksonville Public Library's collection.
- • Marketing Your Book to Jacksonville Public Library,
For Local Authors and Small Presses
- Computer Access Management (CAM) Policies and Procedures
- Information and guidelines on using the library's public computers.
- Guidelines on using peripheral devices and public computers in the library.
- Customer Service Policy
- JPL’s goal is to provide excellent library service which includes helpful and knowledgeable staff, access to relevant informational resources, and quality facilities.
- Distribution of Free, Nonlibrary Publications
- Donation Policy
- The Jacksonville Public Library accepts donations of any kind that support and further the mission, goals and objectives of the Library, as established by the Board of Library Trustees of the Jacksonville Public Library.
- The purpose of this policy is to specify the type of donations that the Library will accept and how the Library will handle these donations.
- Internet & Computer Use Policy
- Limits on access, acceptable use, children & the internet, privacy concerns, internet filtering.
- Meeting Rooms
- Policy and guidelines on using the meeting rooms provided by JPL.
- Conference Center at the Main Library
- Branch Library Meeting Rooms
- The confidentiality policy of JPL.
- Public Bulletin Boards, Use Of
- Unattended Child Policy
- Library policy concerning how to handle unattended children on the premises.