1425 Chaffee Rd S
Jacksonville, FL 32221-1119
- Wed, Fri & Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tue & Thu: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
- Closings & Holidays
- On Chaffee Rd halfway between Normandy Blvd and I-10.
Map & Driving Directions
About the Library
- Mass Transit
- JTA Bus Schedules
- Square footage: 50,010
- Click on the floorplans to the right to see the larger image.
- Architectural Firm
- Akel Logan Shafer
- Opened August 27, 2005 as part of Better Jacksonville Plan.
- Jacksonville City Council District
- District 12
Services and Programs
- At nearly 50,000 sq.ft., the third largest library in the system, behind the Main Library (over 300,000 sq.ft.) and Southeast Branch (54,000 sq.ft.).
- More than 150,000 materials including books, audiobooks on tape and CD, videos and DVDs, and recorded music on tape and CD.
- Self-service checkout machines are near the circulation desk.
- 70 public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Wireless Internet access for laptops, notebooks, and PDA devices.
- Meeting rooms are available for use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- There is also art on permanent display.
- Separate teen and children's areas.
- A Center for Adult Learning (CAL) classroom
- Various programs for adult, teen and tween, school age and early childhood are offered throughout the year.